The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be responsible for the following duties, working in an assisted living setting:
- Assist in the admission, orientation, and observation of new residents, assure that physician orders for diets, therapy, medication, etc. are transcribed and communicated according to procedure.
- Provide direct patient care as appropriate including, but not limited to, procedures such as catheter placement and care, colostomy care, suction, dressings, naso-gastric tubes and other treatments.
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician and family members according to prescribed procedures.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the clinical staff regarding observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Assist routine daily direction and monitor the work of the nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
Job ID: 190611
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.