The Certified HBO Technician
performs diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency functions for pediatrics to geriatric aged patients treated in the under the direction of the clinical staff and physician.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of the routing of the compression gas supply and the Quality Assurance procedure to ensure gas purity and oxygen content.
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of the source of the breathing gas supply and the Quality Assurance procedure to ensure gas purity and oxygen content.
- Be familiar with the fire extinguishing system activation procedures.
- Know and be able to perform the chamber(s) standard operating procedures.
- Know and be able to perform the chambers operating procedures that become necessary under various emergency situations.
- Have a working knowledge of all hyperbaric treatment protocols.
- Be familiar with all of the procedural and operational aspects necessary to institute hyperbaric oxygen therapy protocols.
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of patient preparation for hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of how to prevent/minimize electrostatic spark discharge and control/minimize static electricity accumulation and other potential ignition sources.
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of the correct procedure for operating securing all doors, hatches and other pressure boundary accesses.
- Appreciate the various clinical and diagnostic indicators necessary to evaluate therapeutic response during the treatment course.
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of the risks and potential side effects of exposure to hyperbaric doses of oxygen, such as barotrauma, oxygen toxicity, hypoglycemia and decompression sickness.
- Demonstrate proficiency in obtaining vital signs.
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of universal precautions and supplemental local infection control polices.
- Appreciate the general principles of wound homeostasis; infection control and wound healing; principles and non-surgical wound care.
- Know and demonstrate knowledge of all forms and paperwork used to document patient treatment.
- Certification as a Hyperbaric Technologist with one year clinical or diving chamber experience preferred.
- Must be NBDHMT Certified Hyperbaric Tech or equivalent.
- CHT certification, BLS required and ACLS preferred.
- Must complete hyperbaric therapy course and successfully pass certification exam after hire.
Job ID: 207313
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.