Assesses, plans and implements the nursing care of patients within the physician clinic with the supervision of the physician or Allied Health Provider (CNP/PA). Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides coordination to the clinical staff as to patient flow and clinical operations as directed by the physician.Duties And Responsibilities
- Demonstrates competence in technical and manual skills according to scope of practice for LPNs.
- Is a motivated, independent individual who can prioritize and organize workload so that all functions are completed appropriately.
- Consistently follows the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Documents patient requests via telephone and follows up with the provider as needed.
- Records nursing documentation in a timely, clear, concise and pertinent manner.
- Checks at the end of each day that all physician/provider orders, in regards to patient care, have been completed..
- Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs; sets goals; plans appropriate nursing interventions and implements actions.
- Implements plan of care of the patient based on assessments and goals established by the health care team.
- Assists other team members with direct patient care including assisting with complicated treatments and procedures.
- Documents patient response to nursing interventions.
- Notes and carries out physician's orders in a timely manner.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Consistently involves patient and family in planning for care, treatment and teaching needs.
- Functions as a patient advocate by protecting the patient's rights.
- Interacts with and treats patients, families, co-workers, managers and other departmental personnel in a kind, knowledgeable, helpful and courteous manner as well as with respect and dignity.
- Explains procedures and treatments to gain patient cooperation to reduce apprehension and promote compliance.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, blood pressure and intake-output and records appropriately.
- Administers vaccinations and injections as directed by the attending physician.
- Follows proper infection control procedures and promotes adherence to infection control procedures.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients and applying/utilizing special equipment.
- Assists in cost containment through the appropriate utilization and conserving of supplies, equipment and capturing charges.
- Triages patient calls as requested by the physician/providers.
- Regularly checks emergency equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 235973
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.