McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
The Development Specialist will function primarily as a member of the Williams Education Fund (Development) Team, and the position will report directly to the Deputy Athletics Director/Assistant Vice Provost of Development. The Development Specialist will also support the Associate Athletics Director for Inclusive Excellence as an active member of the Kansas Athletics Diversity Leadership Council (DLC).
Duration: August 2022 - June 2023
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide general office support during the regular business days including but not limited to: answering the telephone and providing any necessary follow-up; greeting visitors to the office; and providing administrative support to Williams Education Fund staff;
- Accurately document checks into tracking spreadsheet daily, organize mail and distribute to the necessary staff member or KAI department; proof Williams Education Fund pledge forms and verify pledge sheets from Aspire/Sales staff; assist Gift Processing Specialist with Williams Education Fund batch proofing as directed;
- Assist Major Gift Officers with priority ticket, parking, and special event requests, as needed;
- Be highly involved in the Select-A-Seat process for all sports;
- Assist in the development of all marketing and communication collateral;
- Assist, market, and promote Williams Education Fund at games, events, receptions, etc. as needed by Director of Donor Hospitality, Events and Stewardship, and K Club staff; serve as game day point of contact for all donor hospitality areas;
- Pull donor and prospect lists from E-Venue, as well as create and update donor bios for full-time staff;
- Assist Director of Donor Hospitality, Events, and Stewardship in executing stewardship efforts such as directing Williams Education Fund Thank You Week and bi-annual thank-a-thons;
- Facilitate special projects for the Associate Athletics Director/Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and or additional external units;
- Other duties as assigned
Must adhere to all University of Kansas, Big 12 & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Effective and flexible communication skills
- Experience with Paciolan or similar ticket/donor system
- Two years experience working in the sports industry
MLI Job ID: 88
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.