ProLink Resources is seeking a CNC Machinist for a contract to hire role with a reputable manufacturing plant in the Indianapolis area. This is a full time position that will go on directly with the facility.
- Assist in set-ups of simple (uncomplicated and straightforward) jobs and operate conventional, special-purpose, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts and fits and assemble machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques. Able to run multiple machines at one time.
- Review and understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and tooling pre-setter.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- May fit and assemble parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- Checks for machine readiness to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Job ID: 235440
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.