- Summary: Complete Electrical Engineering items needed to design, build, ship, and service our products.
- Must be familiar with Company quality objectives and play an active role in reaching continuous improvement objectives.
- Focus on design and development.
- Take initiative to meet challenging project timelines and budgets (hours and material).
- Provide the following design needs: Electrical schematics, parts lists, control panel and operator station layouts and network/Fieldbus topology.
- Creation and troubleshooting of PLC, Safety PLC, HMI, and Servo Motion programs.
- Network and Fieldbus design, programming and troubleshooting.
- Assist in creating and troubleshooting robot programs.
- Provide technical assistance to Estimating, Sales, Production and Service as required.
- Assist in resolving issues discovered/encountered during system build, debug and shipping.
- Provide assistance to other departments (Service, Shop, etc.) as required.
- Assist in compiling documentation for Service manuals.
- Assist in field installation when necessary.
- Ensure that product, as designed, is in conformance with Lincoln Electric Automation quote and customer purchase order.
- Update design package to reflect “as shipped” configuration of any critical item.
- Work well with Machine builders, Management, and support functions.
- Ensure required ISO documentation is completed.
Essential skills and experience:
- Technical Degree in electrical engineering field desired.
- Electrical Schematic Creation and Design – AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred.
- 3 plus years industrial automation electrical design experience.
- PLC / HMI / Robot Programming / Network & Fieldbus / Safety Systems.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Computer proficiency, including spreadsheet, word processing and project management software.
- Safety (OSHA STDS).
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S)
- Understand the Company’s EHS Policy and how it relates to this job.
- Be aware of OSHA & EPA laws and regulations as well as the Company’s Plant Rules and Regulations that pertain to this job.
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe all company EHS procedures.
- Know that the company EHS procedures are located on the ISO drive.
- Immediately notify the Supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly, or if there are any questions regarding EHS procedures.
- Attend required EHS training
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Repetition with activity; computer work. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Job ID: 259105
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.