This Position requires general knowledge of all jobs within the operating area. The General Laborer / production / sanitation fills in for employees who are on vacation, breaks or otherwise need assistance/ General Labor positions may be transferred to different positions and any shift based on company needs.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general labor tasks which include the following:
- Ability to run several of the manufacturing processing machines and/or perform several of the various jobs in the manufacturing operating area.
- Must perform change-over duties without assistance and in a timely manner.
- Serves as relief worker in production area during absences, vacations and extended production schedules which include Saturday shifts as needed.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- Ability and willingness to perform sanitation positions at any time including mechanical teardown of equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Validation on position or machine will be required after initial training and every 6 months.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and be willing to obtain a forklift certification or willing to learn.
- Experience working with ERP systems, specifically SAP preferred.
- Must be dependable, reliable and able to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction, as well as basic math calculations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work on all lines and perform all positions, including changeovers.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays/Sundays, as determined by business needs.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution preferred.
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Must be able to read and comprehend labels, ingredients, schedules and other required documents.
- Must be able to hear with protection around manufacturing equipment/forklifts
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must have good critical thinking, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range.
- Must be able to work in variable temperature environment.
Job ID: 235978
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.