Opportunity: Maintenance Mechanic
- Understand and comply with plant and maintenance department rules, regulations, and procedures
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and operate efficiently.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from hand and power tools, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, forklifts, hand tools, and power tools.
- Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Effectively and efficiently submit part orders and repair reports.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment.
- All other tasks assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Basic computer skills, data entry preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude a must
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, set- up the die cutter, and carry out instructions
- Skills – Mechanical, technical, communication
- Abilities – good attendance, able to motivate other team members and participate in teams and processes
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to work either 8 or 12 hour days
- Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull 45 lbs
Job ID: 237054
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.