The Maintenance Technician works in a safe manner, adhering to all applicable company and OSHA safety guidelines. Responsibilties of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery, mechanical equipment and electronic equipment.
- Builds mechanical systems, electronic systems, components, and parts through completing assembly and testing procedures.
- Performs all aspects of electrical installation and hook-up of electrical distribution.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Develops and executes preventative and predictive maintenance system to minimize equipment downtime by developing PM checklist, downtime tracking system for planned and unplanned maintenance, and monitoring overall department equipment uptime.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Minimizes equipment downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance schedules; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions, requests and recording maintenance operations.
- Ensures production operations by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Provides utilities by directing installation of, modifications to, and maintenance activities on equipment.
- Resolves maintenance problems by conferring with operators, management, engineering, and quality control personnel, outside contractors and service personnel. Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean building.
- Recognizes and rectifies potential unsafe conditions.
- Follows all company safety policies, perform all work related tasks in a safe manner and report any unsafe conditions to management.
- Application of Lean manufacturing concepts, including 5S.
- Contributes to a Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; participating in technical decision making.
- Identifies and strives for continuous improvement in all aspects of job performance, education, processes, procedures and methods.
- Acts as a key member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Carry out special projects and all other additional duties as assigned by Department management.
- Performs minor aspects of electrical installation including: running of conduit, sizing of conductors, grounding, etc.
A successful candidate for this role will:
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects the Mission and Core Values.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is a part of everything we do.
- Provide the safest possible workplace to our employees by modeling and following all company safety policies, reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3-5 Years of relevant experience desired in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of industrial maintenance, electrical and mechanical
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and fabricate multiple pieces of manufacturing equipment with competing priorities
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Job ID: 211156
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.