Under direct supervision, assists with spraying or, with other equipment, covering a variety of products or materials using powder coatings or liquid coatings. Paints items by hand as required. Mixes paints and finishes as needed. Regulates temperatures and transfers painted items to drying racks. Finishes coated surfaces by baking in an oven and/or polishing with sandpaper, pumice, rouge, wax, or other finishing materials. Cleans and adjusts equipment to ensure air and paint flow to product. The Painter will use drawings, specs and/or verbal instructions as well as exercising judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals. Based on instructions/information given, the Painter will paint fabricated products as well as cut steel using industrial painting equipment.
- The ability to operate industrial painting equipment ( Kremlin EOS Airmix or similar systems )
- The Painter MUST be medically certified and fit tested to wear a respirator per OSHA standards ( 29 CFR 1910.134 )
- The ability to use appropriate measuring instruments to the task
- The ability to interface with other departments to accomplish tasks
- Maintain a clean work area as required
- Working ability to follow and apply all applicable safety requirement to comply with regulatory agencies
- Report workplace hazards associated with equipment being used, workplace injuries and/or illness and workplace near miss incidents immediately to direct supervisor
- The ability to stand for up to 10 hours a day
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- One to four years of Industrial Painting experience, preferred
- Should be able to self-inspect work
- Knowledge and ability to use appropriate tools related to the task (mixing, measuring and storing etc.)
- Attention to detail, self-starter.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug screen
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Job ID: 255734
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.