Evaluates, plans and prepares production schedules for manufacturing of products. Prepares and maintains manual computerized records providing an accurate inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses Vantage scheduling software to maintain accurate dates on open orders.
- Plans and schedules workflow for assigned departments and operations according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production and other reports as needed.
- Monitors and maintains KanBan levels to the most efficient levels.
- Maintains a working record of RPM orders.
- Maintains the level of obsolete parts in FG inventory.
- Monitors the Vantage system for aging jobs.
- Application of Lean manufacturing concepts, including 5S.
- Perform all work related tasks in a safe manner and report any unsafe conditions to management.
- Performs Cycle counting and adjust inventory as needed.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between physical inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Ensures the cleanliness and order of workstations.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Carries out special projects and all other appropriate and reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe conditions to Manufacturing Manager, EHS Manager, and/or Director of Manufacturing
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S
- Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) is required. Preferred is an Associates degree (A.A./A.A.S..) or equivalent from a college or technical school; or 4 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year MRP (Materials Requirement Planning).
- Prefer APICS certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees or other departments of the organization.
- Ability to handle internal customer situations, which are sometimes stressful or time critical in a logical manner and resolve issues resourcefully and tactfully.
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Intermediate computer skills to include software such as Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel,
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job ID: 201392
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.