Prolink Resources is currently seeking an Applications Engineer for a full time, direct hire position with a great company in Westfield, IN
- Work alongside program management and product line sales teams to prioritize projects in accordance with the strategic plans of the company
- Follow IMMI, customer, and industry requirements to design safety restraint solutions for various on-highway and off-highway vehicle applications
- Manage engineering deliverables efficiently and effectively for multiple projects at a time from initial customer inquiry to start of production
- Utilize the APQP framework and other engineering best practices to optimize product solutions
- Use prototyping facilities to create product samples for internal testing and vehicle fit up validation
- Create and oversee test plans to validate all product requirements for expected static and dynamic operating environments.
- Work closely with team members to continuously improve processes and standards, providing front-line quality management through problem solving and a go to gemba approach
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Field, Mechanical Engineering, MET, or Auto Engineering preferred
- 3 years in an automotive product development role
- 3 years with 3D modeling after schooling; Solidworks preferred
- Experience with metal stamping, injection molding, plastic injection molding, or basic assembly processes
- Experience with AIAG tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP)
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills (will work with customers and give technical presentations)
- Hands on mechanical background or fabrication experience
Prolink Resources is an equal opportunity employer.
Job ID: 253723
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.