ProLink Staffing homepage: general job search, employer staffing solutions, working at ProLink and more
Nursing, Allied Health, Therapy, Home Health Care, Clinical Research, Long-Term Care and more
The Sales Engineer interfaces with external customers and internal product development, product marketing and application teams. Sell and promote all client’s products within an assigned territory and defined accounts, either through original equipment manufacturers (OEM customers) and/or distributors, via successful design win (AVL) activities and total channel management. Help devise strategies to differentiate our products and solutions from our competitors. Broaden customer base and increase penetration at existing accounts, including key global accounts.
The role of Sales Engineer gives an excellent insight into the Sales, Marketing, Technical, and Product Development functions of the organization.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Promote and sell client’s products with established customers and developing new prospects.
• Identify all interconnect opportunities/applications of client’s products for their clients and work with the customers engineering team to design in new products
• Develop and implement sales plan and growth strategy for territory and customers
• Meet and exceed strategic objectives and established sales quota via new design wins and management of the entire sales channel
• Motivate existing and potential customers to increase product content on the design
• Support technical aspects of the sales cycle including marketing support for the development and implementation of Client’s products
• Provide customer service to solve complex interconnect problems and technical inquiries
• Track orders and revenue by customer
• Build rapport and provide customer support by supplying information related to samples, delivery dates, part drawings and specifications, quality issues, credit issues, etc.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the market and competition in your territory.
• Keep informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers.
• Travel required
• Bachelors in Business/Marketing with a technical background or Engineering with a Business/Marketing aptitude
• Knowledge and understanding of interconnect solutions industry
• 5+ years of field sales and applications experience, or related experience (inside sales or customer service with interconnect, passive, electromechanical components)
• Knowledge of international business practices a plus
• Sales skills to successfully negotiate a technical design win, approved vendor status, contracts, and customer partnership.
• Technically astute with an ability to acquire extensive product and application knowledge, with an ability to assess, and provide solutions for, customer design challenges/needs
• Self-motivated and driven to identify, qualify and pursue new customers and new markets
• Ability to effectively communicate across the engineering and managerial functions of a business
• Strong oral and written communications to provide high level customer service and build relationships
• Organizational skills to anticipate, prioritize, plan, organize to meet and exceed strategic objectives
• Leadership skills to assess and drive new opportunities in a global account environment
• Knowledge of modeling tools Pro E or Solidworks
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products