The Ruby Developer specifically develops software for customer operations including customer automated on-boarding, credentialing and customer dashboards. This role will partner with the business team to solution, design, develop and support the Customer Portal. Provides support as required to resolve issues raised by operations or the customer. May need to work with customers directly for resolving production issues.
Minimum Requirements -Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics:
- 4 years of experience doing design, coding and testing in an object-oriented environment.
Helpful / Preferred:
- Experience developing web-based applications using Ruby on Rails and jQuery.
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, Java
- Experience in performance tuning of applications
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and debug all assigned components.
- Analyze application problem areas and propose solutions.
- Plan and execute unit and functional tests as required to ensure changes meet customer requirements.
- Modifies applications using appropriate tools, coding standards and best practices.
- Complete assigned tasks in prescribed times. Report the status of projects and work assignments to project management.
- Develops clear and concise documentation.
- Provide support services as required resolving application issues raised by operations and/or the customer.
- Develop expert knowledge of existing applications.
- Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
- Works with team to improve efficiencies, processes and procedures.
- Will need to be on call for engineering Support per on call schedule.
- Proactively identify application problem areas and implement permanent fixes
- Will need to restore services quickly in case of production outages in conjunction with infrastructure team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 165257
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.