The Occupational Health RN assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of nursing and first aid services to employees or persons who are ill or injured on the job in accordance with facility policies, practices, and procedures. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of care. Responsibilties include:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care within the scope of RN scope of practice.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Medical knowledge of techniques and information needed to treat injuries/illnesses.
- Customer and personal service knowledge including assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon care requirements.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Documents patients response to nursing and other interventions.
- Monitors safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) The Joint Commission, state and local laws; 4) Patients Bill of Rights; 5) Nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications of the Occupational Health Nurse:
- Current Registered Nurse License for the state in which the nurse practices
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language
- One year prior professional occupational health nursing experience preferred
- Current BLS
Job ID: 215154
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.