The Registered Nurse
will assess, plan, implement, evaluate and supervise individual patient care according to unit policies and procedures. Accept responsibility for direction of co-workers in the implementation of care plans. May be required to work on other units according to distribution of staff and patients.
- Completes nursing assessment of patient and documents appropriately into patient chart. Develops and reviews and revises a plan of care, including a discharge plan, based upon the assessment of patient's needs.
- Implements medical and nursing orders per plan of care and documents appropriately. Evaluates patient's response to care.
- Engages in patient and family teaching as appropriate.
- Oversees staff assigned for providing patient care.
- Collaborates with leadership to assure the integration of the ANAs Scope & Standards of Practice, assuring that these standards are identified as the measurement criteria for nursing practice on the unit.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates effective leadership and professional skills according to Standards of Care.
- Ability to assess a patients condition, formulate plan of care, select appropriate interventions, evaluate patients response to plan of care and to explain to patient/family about this process.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking; and perform calculations.
- Demonstrates excellent professional and clinical skills and utilization of the Nursing process of direct and indirect patient care which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care to meet patient needs and improve patient outcomes.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Wyoming Registered Nurse License or enhanced Nurse Licensure (eNLC) upon start date
- AHA BLS
Job ID: 201515
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.