McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
Duration: January 2021 - December 2021
- Create and design both digital and print, including web, social media, emails, invitations, logos, brochures, postcards, flyers, signage, advertisements, sales presentations, infographics and other print collateral and special projects as assigned
- Create templates to use for several mediums (social media, print, video board)
- Complete projects from conception to completion with minimal supervision
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in video, marketing, external relations, communications, sales and ticketing, and other administrative personnel to create graphic design and related material for use across multiple platforms
- Create strong and meaningful relationships with head coaches and student-athletes in assigned programs and work together on how best to promote each program within the community and with prospects.
Must adhere to all University of Dayton, Atlantic 10 & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- One-year equivalent of part-time student or post grad experience in the arena of intercollegiate or professional athletics (teams, professional organizations, sports media companies, firms related to athletics.
Stipend: Up to $2,500 per month
MLI Job ID: 40
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.